Reserve your stay
Holiday in the Ostallgäu. Holiday in the picturesque Marktoberdorf.
Mountains, castles, blue lakes - whoever is out and about here is guaranteed to have a good time! Because the tranquil district town in Ostallgäu is a true paradise for nature lovers. When it comes to culture, it doesn't get much better than this: the fantastically beautiful royal castles, from Neuschwanstein to Hohenschwangau and Linderhof Castle, are not far away. But the beautiful Forggensee, Ettal Monastery, the Neuschwanstein Festival House near Füssen, Lake Constance, Tyrol or Oberstdorf are also within easy reach by car. And if you feel like a good meal after so many excursions - from hearty Allgäu specialties and fresh beer to upscale international cuisine, the table is set for everyone in Marktoberdorf! A holiday in the Ostallgäu promises pure variety.
Holidays in Ostallgäu: There is a lot to see, a lot to experience and a lot of nature.
- Füssen (Royal Castles Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau and Linderhof Castle, Lake Hopfen, Lake Schwansen, Pöllat Gorge, Füssen Festival Theatre)
- Oberstdorf (ski jump, Nebelhorn, Breitachklamm)
- Kleinwalsertal (Perfect for hiking & skiing)
- Immenstadt (Alpsee, Alpsee Coaster summer toboggan run, basilica, baroque residence rooms)
- Bad Wörishofen (Kneipp health resort with beautiful spa promenade and many excellent coffee houses)
- Kaufbeuren (Tänzelfest, numerous shopping opportunities)
- Lake Constance (Lindau, Friedrichshafen, Mainau Island)
- Tyrol (ski resorts Lech, Zürs, St. Anton)
In summer you will find many bathing lakes, Nordic Walking tours and much much more... For example, around Marktoberdorf there are many beautiful bike paths that invite you to explore the surroundings. If you would like to join a guided tour, the Allgäu Bikers are the right address. Or how about a round of stand up paddling on one of the numerous Allgäu lakes or rivers? At Pure SUP Allgäu you can take a SUP taster course. And for those who want to go high up, the numerous mountain railways in the area are just the thing - enjoy the view and our healthy Allgäu mountain air. Experience tradition at the Viehscheid, culture in our numerous museums and castles and pure nature in the beautiful mountains.
- Wieskirche in the Pfaffenwinkel
- Andechs Monastery
- Ottobeuren Basilica
- Farm museum Illerbeuren
- Immenstadt Museum of Mountain Farmers
In winter, the Allgäu is ideal for skiing, tobogganing, cross-country skiing, walking... Here, winter fun is guaranteed for young and old. You would rather enjoy the snowy winter landscape in peace and quiet? Then you should definitely join a guided snowshoe tour in the Allgäu - here you can immerse yourself in the magical winter world of the Allgäu and recharge your batteries in the face of the magnificent Alpine panorama.